Besides selecting your best badminton rackets, the next important thing for the sport is selecting your badminton shuttlecocks. Whether you are an amateur or a pro at this point, you will definitely won’t factors that won’t break off easily and will last you a long time.
These days, there’s simply a lot of brands you can choose from. However, it is very important to select a good brand whose products will provide you with shuttlecocks that are made with high-quality materials.
Since not all the brands are good, you want to take the right decision and select wisely. In order to help you select what sort of shuttles you might need, we have handpicked fine brands of shuttlecocks that are known to be some of the best brands out there.
With the advantages and disadvantages of each, we hope you find the right shuttlecock for yourself. Read on to learn a bit more on what to look out for when selecting the right shuttlecocks for yourself.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 Here is a list of some of the best badminton shuttlecocks brands that you can choose from. We will discuss further each below:
- 1 1. Ohuhu LED Badminton Shuttlecocks
- 2 2. Yonex Mavis 2000 Nylon Tournament Shuttle
- 3 3. KEVENZ 12-Pack Advanced Goose Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks
- 4 4. ZHENAN 6 Pack LED Badminton Shuttlecocks
- 5 5. MacGregor Yellow Tournament Badminton Shuttlecock
- 6 6. Yonex AS-20 Shuttlecocks
- 7 Some tips on how to buy the best Badminton Shuttlecocks
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
- 9 Final Words
Here is a list of some of the best badminton shuttlecocks brands that you can choose from. We will discuss further each below:
- Ohuhu LED Badminton Shuttlecocks
- Yonex Mavis 2000 Nylon Tournament Shuttle
- KEVEN Z Goose Feather Badminton Shuttlecocks, Nylon Feather Shuttlecocks
- ZHENAN LED Badminton Shuttlecocks
- MacGregor Yellow Tournament Badminton Shuttlecock
- Yonex AS-20 Shuttlecocks
Are you looking for ways to make your badminton matches more interesting? Bring on some color and fun into your games with the Ohuhu LED badminton shuttlecocks.
With glowing shuttlecocks, turn any regular game into a fun fest filled with lights of different colors.
These shuttlecocks are made of natural feather, and also comes with high quality LED lights that offer four different colors, including; red, green, blue, and one that changes into all three colors after a time.
Look at the shuttlecocks turn into life when it bursts into vibrant colors at the press of a simple button at the back of the shuttlecocks.
Lightweight and feathery, these shuttlecocks weigh only 6.7 grams to 0.24 ounces for you will have a lot of fun handling them.
Have a great time and brighten your nights with these LED glow shuttlecocks!
- Kids absolutely love to play with these shuttlecocks
- Suitable for both amateurs as well as experts
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Made of goose feathers and meant to last a long time
- The lights can’t be seen during the daytime.
- The shuttlecocks aren’t as long-lasting as they say it to be
- They are not waterproof, but they didn’t claim to be
Have you played enough with feather shuttlecocks? Tired of them already? Well, you don’t have to worry about feathers shedding or about durability if you get the Yonex Mavis 2000. Since it is made of nylon feathers, it is quite strong and holds on for a long time.
The Yonex Mavis 2000 is made with synthetic, nylon feathers and has a winged ribbed structure. It is also comparatively better than other shuttlecocks in the sense that there are long lasting, and also sturdy.
You obviously don’t want to purchase an item which won’t be worth your money. Since they do not have natural feathers but are made with nylon ones, you do not have to worry about wasting your money.
Furthermore, they are also good for beginners or intermediate players, since you can use these nylon shuttlecocks on a regular basis. Use as much as you want in during any weather, because your shuttlecocks don’t be ruined easily.
- Can be used by both beginners as well as expert players
- Long lasting and very sturdy to last at least a couple of years
- Can be used during all weathers due to nylon feathers
- The shuttlecocks are medium speed.
- Comparatively lighter that regular shuttles
Yet another brand of shuttlecocks with nylon feathers is the Kevenz nylon feather shuttlecocks. These shuttles are made with high-quality materials and are long lasting and have great stability.
The head surface of the Kevenz shuttlecocks are very durable and crack proof since they are made with coil and feathers.
While the head includes wood grains, the feathers are also specially treated to feel just as soft and smooth like real goose feathers.
- Long lasting and crack proof
- Very strong and do not break as easily
- The yellow color ensures visibility as the shuttles can be seen against different backgrounds
- Just as good as regular feather shuttlecocks since in place of feathers, there is a plastic mesh that replaces it.
- A little too fast than regular shuttlecocks
- These shuttlecocks do not fly like regular shuttlecocks since the flying trajectory is very different.
If you want a more traditional shuttlecock with actual goose feathers, then we have our next product, the Zhenan LED badminton shuttlecocks.
To make it even better, they also come with LED lights that make playing with these shuttles more fun and interactive. Each box comes with six pieces of shuttles including the colors red, green, blue, yellow, white, and one that offers an alternative mixture of all colors.
With an overall time duration of about 50 hours for each shuttle, you can enjoy the colorful LED lights for a long time until the last.
Make the night-time matches extremely interesting.
With these colorful shuttles and turn your nights into a light show!
- Suitable for amateur players as well as experts
- LED lights make going with these shuttles very interesting at night
- Natural feathers and a slightly heavier weight ensures a decent flying trajectory
- Waterproof shuttles, so you can play in any weather
- Suitable for kids and teenagers
- Feathers come off easily sometimes
- The LED lights aren’t very bright
- Not much fun during the day
Our fifth pick revolves around nylon feathered birdies again. With long-lasting nylon feathers and a rounded tip at the end of the cork, the MacGregor shuttlecocks are simply beyond compare.
With medium speed shuttles that are suitable for both beginners and younger players, the shuttles also come in yellow color so it’s visible against different types of background. The MacGregor shuttles are amongst one of the favorite shuttlecocks out there. With rounded tip at the end that allows them to come off the racket much cleaner compared to other brands, the shuttles also last better than other synthetic shuttles.
- Long lasting compared to other synthetic shuttlecocks
- Rounded end allows for better contact with the racket.
- Visible against different backgrounds due to the yellow color
- Some people might not like the yellow color, as it might disrupt their vision.
For our very last product in this article, we have chosen Yonex AS 20 shuttlecocks. With natural goose feathers, these shuttlecocks also go through an infrared process to ensure longevity.
Other than being manufactured with lightweight bodies, these shuttlecocks are made in such a way to provide accurate speed and flying trajectory, besides giving you the best outcome for a solid performance while playing with them.
Consistency is something that you expect from shuttlecocks, and Yonex AS 20 delivers just that!
These Yonex shuttlecocks have received such positive remarks, that they even made the way to become the official choice for the London 2012 Olympic games!
With such good quality products that maintain high standards while manufacturing, you will hardly have any issues at all!
- Made with high-quality natural goose feathers, that undergo an infrared process
- The Yonex AS-20 shuttlecocks are consistent and therefore you can expect solid performance while playing with them
- The weight is slightly heavy, resulting in the speed being not too fast nor too slow
- Slightly overpriced.
Some tips on how to buy the best Badminton Shuttlecocks
When you want to choose the best shuttlecocks in the market, obviously there are quite a few factors which you should look into.
Here we will discuss just what you should look for when buying your favorite shuttles. So let’s see what these tips include:
- Feather vs plastic– before you start playing and getting on your game equipment, you should really decide on this one. To break it down, there are obviously clear distinctions between further shuttles versus the synthetic or nylon shuttles.
Well, if you didn’t know already, feather shuttlecocks are used by professional players most of the time, since the flight speed is better. On the other hand, plastic shuttlecock is used by everyone else such as amateur players, beginners, children, and so on.
Before you purchase, however, your decision will most likely be affected by the durability of the shuttlecocks. In other words, feather shuttlecocks are a bit more on the expensive end, and also they don’t last long. As for the plastic ones, these are very strong and durable.
Now that you know the difference, it’s up to you to decide which one to choose.
- Durability- when you talk about how long each type of shuttlecocks last, it primarily depends on how you use them and also on how you take care of them.
Feather shuttlecock so doesn’t usually last that long, compared to plastic or nylon feathered Since they are made of real feathers, they tend to get ruined after some time of regular practice.
If you need shuttlecocks for regular matches for practice sessions, then feather shuttlecock might not be the option for you.
Considering a nylon or plastic shuttlecock, it uses plastic feathers instead of actual goose feathers and therefore the last long. This is why the country is a bit more on the expensive end.
However if you have regular matches to attend I need to use shuttlecocks for regular practice sessions, then plastic or synthetic shuttlecocks will last a long time.
- Strengthen your shuttles- making your shuttlecocks last for a long time is something that will help you a lot in the long run. The entire process is very different for plastic shuttlecocks and feather ones.
For plastic shuttles, all you have to do is keep them in a cool and humid place away from sunlight. This will ensure that your shuttlecocks have a long life besides having good flight speed when you start using them.
For feather shuttles, the process is different since it requires bit more maintenance. Since feather shuttles can dry out over time, you might have to steam them using a humidifier to keep the feathers and the entire shuttle in a good shape.
Another way to do this is this simply that the tips of feathers in warm water for a while before you play. This will not only make your shuttles last longer but also may help maintain their shape besides improving their flight speed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the basic difference between feather shuttles and Nylon shuttles?
Answer: The difference between the two lies in the fact that feather shuttles have better flight since feathers help to raise the shuttles higher. Besides that, it is also easier to place shots correctly with a feather shuttle.
For nylon shuttles, they don’t have such smooth flights since they have flatter trajectories. Although they do last longer comparatively, they need more pressure when playing since they don’t fly as high as feather ones.
Question: What is the purpose of different shuttlecock ratings?
Answer: All shuttlecocks have a rating indicating the speed which they can cover. This is usually a number found on the tube.
A rating of 75 means it is the slowest while a rating of 80 refers to the fastest. The general can be divided into slow, medium and fast, and this is also dependant on the conditions under which they are being used.
Overall, now you’ve learned quite a bit from the reviews about different brands of shuttlecocks, besides the two main types of shuttlecocks.
Apart from the different features and colors, it is also very important to get shuttlecocks of very good brands and quality that will last longer and also be the greatest value for your money.
Hopefully, this article has helped you choose the best badminton shuttlecock for yourself and also helped you to decide on how to buy the best shuttlecocks out there in the market. As for the rest, it is upon you to decide what you feel makes the best shuttlecock.