With winter around, it’s that time of the year when you want to play some indoor sports. What better sport is out there if not badminton? Being one of the best wintertime sports, it can also become a challenge if you do not have the right equipment.
Want to make a move and impress your friends with your scores? Then make sure that you have the right racket by your side and win any match that comes your way!
In order to help you find the best rackets out there, we have come up with the Yonex brand of rackets. Read on to find out exactly what you need that will suit your individual needs or preferences, and find out which racket will help the most in order to succeed.
So without further ado, let us check out the incredible Yonex rackets.
Table of Contents
- 1 5 Best Yonex Badminton Rackets 2021 Reviews
- 2 1. Yonex Nanoray 10
- 3 2. Yonex Nanoray 20 Badminton Racket
- 4 3. Yonex Voltric New (7 NEO/5FX/LITE) Badminton Racket (Racquet) 4U/G5 Strung
- 5 4. Yonex Voltric Z Force II 2 Badminton Racket (Unstrung/Strung)
- 6 5. Yonex Arcsaber 002 Badminton Racket-
- 7 Some Tips On How To Select The Best Rackets Out Of The Lot:
- 8 FAQs:
- 9 Final Words
5 Best Yonex Badminton Rackets 2021 Reviews
We have a list of the 5 best Yonex badminton rackets of all time. Here they are as follows:
- Yonex Nanoray 10
- Yonex Nanoray 20
- Yonex Voltric New
- Yonex Voltric Z Force II
- Yonex Arcsaber 002
1. Yonex Nanoray 10
Are you a beginner at the sport? Have you just started playing and not yet as confident in your abilities to score? Well, there is no need to overthink. The new Yonex nano ray 10 is just the racket for beginners. With affordable pricing and a light overall structure, you can be sure to start your badminton journey in a great way with this racket.
The features include great flexibility, which is a must if you are a beginner since you would still have some problems controlling the movement of the racket.
As for the materials and build, the shaft is made with graphite or nanomesh and carbon nanotube, making it an extremely strong and sturdy product, which will last you for a long time.
Adjust the unique isometric frame as you want, and hit the shuttlecock in time with your opponent. Besides, getting hold of such a good racket at such an affordable price is a huge win on itself!
- A great option for beginners
- Super light and easy to handle
- The isometric frame ensures accuracy with every hit
- Very flexible and easy to maneuver
- Comes in quite a few color combinations to choose from
- Not powerful enough for experienced players
2. Yonex Nanoray 20 Badminton Racket
A lot closer to the overall structure of the Nanoray 10, the Nanoray 20 is also one of the best rackets out there for beginners. With a similar build, the slightly advanced and improved technology and design will ensure that your racket is faster and smoother than before.
With a thin shaft, the overall weight is decreased which ensures that you have maximum control and support of the racket.
The introduction of the new grommet system also improves durability, giving you the ultimate experience from a player’s standpoint.
You sure wouldn’t want to lose buying such a good quality racket at affordable pricing as this.
- The flexibility that offers great control and maneuverability
- Improved design with nanotechnology and grommet system
- No slipping due to better grip and stability
- Graphite build ensures comfort when holding both during summer and winter
- Not meant for experienced players
- Does not come with an additional bag.
3. Yonex Voltric New (7 NEO/5FX/LITE) Badminton Racket (Racquet) 4U/G5 Strung
Known as one of the best rackets in the Yonex range, the Voltric 7 is an all-time favorite. Bring out the best performance in here with the thin frame and yet solid and long-lasting body made out of 8m graphite and tungsten.
Its lightweight frame ensures that With a slightly heavier head, give out your best and powerful shot!
The Voltric 7 also comes with the latest isometric technology, so you have a comparatively larger sweet spot. Coupled with the tri voltage system, you can be sure to hit the shuttle with just the right amount of pressure and force.
You can rest assured that you won’t get such a powerful racket at this price anywhere, so get yours today!
- Suitable for all players; from beginners to intermediate to advanced
- Flexible enough for a precise shot
- Thin body and lightweight make sure it is extremely comfortable to hold, and yet super durable
- You can choose from two different color options
- The string is low in tension, to begin with
4. Yonex Voltric Z Force II 2 Badminton Racket (Unstrung/Strung)
An upgrade of the previous version on the line, the Voltric z force 2 follows almost similar footsteps. With a slimmer body and thicker head, the Voltric z force 2 is simply unstoppable!
However, it is yet an improvement in the fact that it has a higher sweet spot which gives you ultimate control of how you want to adjust when hitting the shuttle.
As for the overall structure, what’s special about this racket is its performance on the court. Due to its super-slim build and uniquely shaped frame, you can be sure to respond to your opponents very fast and shoot with more clarity and precision.
- Comes with a free racket cover to carry it anywhere
- Tungsten grommet strips for additional stability
- The overall design with the tri-voltage system makes it long-lasting
- Extremely fast and flexible
- The stiffness of the racket can make it brittle
5. Yonex Arcsaber 002 Badminton Racket-
Yet another one of the best rackets from the Yonex line is the promising Arcsaber 002 that never fails to deliver. Suitable for both beginner and intermediate players, the Yonex Arcsaber 002 is flexible enough to let you control it easily.
With unique factory strung strings, you don’t have to worry about the tension or about customizing the strings later on. Similar to all Yonex rackets, this racket comes with slight flex, due to which you can take your sweet time and hit the shuttle precisely since the shuttle stays a bit longer on the racket.
A sight disadvantage may be that it lacks aerodynamic features like the other rackets so there is a light tug and pull of air every time you wave it up in the air.
However, if you think about the overall price, then you must agree that getting such a good quality racket at such an affordable price is a win!
- Flex feature for better control and comfort
- The shaft is made of graphite to last longer
- Strong enough to handle stress
- Extra carry bag to carry your racket on the go
- Not suitable for advanced or expert players
- Lack of aerodynamic head makes it a little hard to hit in the air
With all the budget-friendly rackets you have seen so far, it seems like you get all good quality products under this line. Since you’ve already seen the good sides and the bad sides of each, let us now look at a few tips and tricks when choosing the right racket for you, and under the right budget.
Some Tips On How To Select The Best Rackets Out Of The Lot:
1. Know The Different Kinds Of Rackets
Yes, this one is a no-brainer. There are several kinds of rackets depending on what you are looking for. There are separate ones for beginners, intermediate players, and advanced players.
If you are a beginner, then you definitely want to do your research before getting the right racket. Otherwise, it’s simply your loss as not all rackets will be suitable for you to handle.
2. The Weight Of Your Racket
The weight is actually more important than you can realize. The weight of your racket actually plays a very important role when it comes to your performance.
If you are a beginner, then you will want an especially lighter racket since it will put less strain on your shoulders and arms.
Other than that, you will also have better control of your racket, so you can hit the shuttle better and with better aim.
3. The Shape Of The Frame
Now this one is a bit problematic since we have seen quite some rackets with isometric head shapes, and others with normal oval head shapes in this very review.
If you are wondering what their individual differences might be, then here’s the only difference that you will ever need to remember.
The traditional oval-shaped head has a sweet spot that not everyone can utilize easily. So unless you are a pro at badminton, then you shouldn’t choose rackets with an oval-shaped head.
Comparatively, if you have an isometric shaped head, then there is a high chance that you can control your racket better since the sweet spot is easier to reach.
A good thing is that isometric rackets are becoming more and more common, while oval headed rackets are rare to find these days. Besides, beginners find it a lot easier to perform better with isometric rackets than with oval headed ones!
4. The Shaft, Strings, And Grips
Amongst some of the most important things out there, the overall shaft, the tension of the strings and the feel you get while holding your racket, are of utmost importance!
- The shafts- To begin with, most of the shafts described here are made of Graphite or tungsten. These materials prove to be very strong and therefore they tend to last a long time.
As for the stiffness of the shaft, there is a lot of debate here. While some agree that flexible staff is better, and the rest agreeing that stiff shafts are better, it all boils down to your choice and what you are comfortable with.
Give a good shot and try swinging a few rackets of both to see what feels good at hand. If you don’t have enough time for that though, remember that flexible shafts will allow you to focus more on the game.
However, don’t forget that although the flexible staff is normally believed to be perfect for beginners, they also tend to bounce more and so you won’t be able to control your shuttle as much.
As for the stiffer shafts, they tend to be much faster in comparison, but you need skilled hands to be able to work with them.
- The strings- Now, moving onto the strings, you will most likely notice that you can play the best when the depth of your string is up to 1mm in most cases.
As for the normal tension of your string, you will be able to play fine as long as the tension is maintained at this level.
If you aren’t comfortable with how your racket performs, then remember that you can fix the strings or customize them as per your needs anytime. And most of the rackets demonstrated here also show strings that can be customized as per your need, with a few others which can’t be changed.
- The grips- Lastly, we’ll move onto the grips. The basic information that you need to know here is that you want to make sure that the grips you use are comfortable to touch and use. If you want a grip that’s more suited to your hand span, and tighter to feel, then you’d probably want a bigger grip.
Alternatively, if you want better control of the racket, then you’d probably want to stick to the smaller grip.
Q: Do all Yonex rackets have a small line on the top of their frame?
Ans: Almost all rackets have such a mark since this is the point where the frame joins with the racket.
Q: Do all rackets come with an extra casing to carry it? What is the bag made of?
Ans: Almost all these rackets come with a casing or a Yonex bag that has straps to carry the racket to places.
As for the bags themselves, they are mostly made of Vinyl and has a foam mesh covering the inside of the bag, perhaps to provide cushioning to the product.
Overall, after reading this article, you can rest assured that Yonex is one of the best brands out there that offer very good quality rackets at a surprisingly affordable price.
Whether you are a beginner or a pro, Yonex has rackets on every range for everyone. If you want to purchase decent rackets but have a limited budget, then this is the ultimate product for you. And you can watch 6 best badminton racket for the intermediate player and 6 best badminton racket for beginners on other reviews page.
Hopefully, this article has helped to shed some light on this matter and will help you greatly when it comes to making purchasing decisions.